Position: ReStore Manager
The ReStore Manager provides overall managerial leadership for the Habitat for Humanity of Montezuma County ReStore in accordance with the directives, policies and objectives set by the affiliate board of directors. The ReStore Manager is familiar with Habitat for Humanity’s mission to “build homes, community and hope,” and is a leading advocate in regard to fulfilling this mission.
II. Position Description
Reports to: Executive Director. In the absence of an Executive Director, the ReStore Manager reports directly to the Board of Directors. The ReStore Manager maintains a working relationship and coordinates fundraising activities with the affiliate Executive Director. The Executive Director will solicit input from the Board of Directors in performing an annual review of the ReStore Manager’s job performance.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years’ experience in retail management, or other relevant management experience.
Requirements/ Skills: Must be able to articulate the mission, values and goals of Habitat for Humanity of Montezuma County and the ReStore. Must be organized, able to meet deadlines, and able to manage projects. Must possess the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people. Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation are required. Must be able to use Microsoft Office software (including Word and Excel) and be willing to learn QuickBooks for financial reporting. Must be able to use social media and email for routine communications. Must maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field, including training provided by HFHI.
Job Classification: Exempt
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 9am to 5pm
• Act as the chief administrator responsible for managing all aspects of ReStore operations.
• Manage the ReStore by directing, training, supervising, and recognizing the paid and volunteer staff in the performance of assigned duties.
• Create / maintain job descriptions for all ReStore employees.
• Perform annual performance reviews and set goals for staff.
• Maintain vacation and sick leave records.
• Establish office procedures, guidelines and performance standards.
• Oversees all aspects of the retail environment, including pricing.
• Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates staff and volunteers.
• Ensure communication of relevant issues flows among all groups.
• Ensure the ReStore adheres to government regulations as well as the policies of HFHMC and HFH International.
• Ensure a safe working environment for the staff and volunteers by providing appropriate training, routine safety briefings, and proper safety equipment.
• Participate / lead long range planning and visioning.
• Work with the Executive Director or the development and maintenance of sound financial practices.
• Interact with the Executive Director and the affiliate treasurer to ensure completion of audits and other financial activities.
• Work with the staff, Executive Director, and board in preparing a yearly budget. Submit a draft budget to the board for review. Ensure that the ReStore operates within budget guidelines.
• Maintain and ensure accuracy of financial projections.
• Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the ReStore to carry out its mission.
Community Relations and Resource Development
• Serve as spokesperson for the ReStore.
• Actively participate with appropriate community groups which share the goals of HFH and the ReStore.
• Establish and nurture good media relationships.
• Work with the Executive Director on the development and implementation of communications / marketing plan.
• Ensure that the activities of the ReStore, its programs and goals are publicized.
• Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with volunteers, businesses, community groups and other organizations.
• Coordinate fundraising activities with the affiliate Executive Director.
Other duties, as assigned
• Monthly update and maintain regular communications with HFHMC Board of directors
Salary range: $28,000-$31,000
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com . 970-565-8312 for more information.
Habitat for Humanity of Montezuma County is an equal opportunity employer.